Okay so the thing about this chex mix is it’s super easy to make and it’s a perfect snack for when you’ve spent all day prepping and cooking food for Christmas dinner and you have no time (or forgotten) to actually sit down and eat. Not exactly the healthiest choice–but hey, it’s delicious, quick, and readily available. And, in my opinion, MUCH better than the store bought kind with hella artificial seasonings and flavoring.
Homemade Bold Chex Mix
- 2 cups corn Chex
- 2 cups rice Chex
- 1 1/2 cups mini pretzels
- 1 1/2 cup bagel chips
- 1 cup mixed nuts (optional)
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, combine chex cereals, pretzels, bagel chips, and nuts.
- Step 3 Melt butter in a separate small bowl and mix in Worcestershire sauce. Pour liquid mixture over the cereal mixture and toss until the dry ingredients are evenly coated. Add salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Step 4 Transfer chex mix into a glass baking dish. The dish should not be super deep, but not to shallow. Bake 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Store in an airtight container.